The way you start the first part of 2023 will define how the year unfolds. So—obviously—begin it strong.
I recommend that you implement the following 17 micro-habits as swiftly as you can:
1. Stop worrying about things you can’t control.
2. Drink more water.
3. Don’t check your mobile upon waking up.
4. Work in blocks of time that you’ve carved out on a written weekly schedule.
5. Write a daily “not to do list”.
6. Use positive words. Stop using victims speak.
7. Don’t say yes to activities you don’t want to do. Life is too short to be spending your time doing things you can’t stand.
8. Exercise first thing each morning.
9. Don’t read the news. Ok—maybe once a week.
10. Unplug your TV. Ok—sell it.
11. Use music as a productivity [and mood] enricher. Make playlists for new projects.
12. Avoid people who make you feel bad. And remove the dream stealers from your days.
13. Talk to yourself in a more encouraging way. There’s no one else like you alive on the planet today.
14. Do fewer work activities yet increase your quality dramatically. It’s better to push one piece of mastery into the marketplace than a thousand pieces of average.
15. Study your craft for an hour each day. The performer who practices the most wins.
16. Take more naps.
17. See the gifts of others. And polish the ones within yourself.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” — Will Durant.
Book Recommendation: Atomic Habits by James Clear