A couple, their six-year-old daughter and 150 goats and sheep were charred to death when a truck they were travelling in, caught fire after coming in contact with an overhead high-tension wire in Gujarat’s Arvalli district on Monday, police said.
The fire engulfed the vehicle carrying three members of a shepherd family from Rajasthan and their livestock in Bamanwad village around 9 am, a police official said.
The incident took place when the truck driver turned the vehicle towards a grazing land, over which a high-tension wire was running, Sub-Inspector (SI) Komal Rathod said.
“The truck came in contact with the high-tension wire and was engulfed in flames after a short-circuit that killed three members of a family and 150 goats and sheep,” the SI said.
Rathod further said the couple was in the age group of 25 to 30 years and their identity was yet to be ascertained.