Union Home Minister Amit Shah entered poll-bound Gujarat on Friday for a three-day visit. The BJP strategist attended the early morning Mangala Aarti at Rathyatra and laid the floor for several developmental projects in Gandhinagar, his constituency.
He also attended the inauguration ceremony of a private hospital with 750-beds at Saij village near Kalol in Gandhinagar district. Further, he visited the Goddess Vardaini temple, selected under the PRASAD Scheme (Pilgrimage Rejuvenation And Spiritual Augmentation Drive) at Rupal village, Gandhinagar and laid the foundation of a lake.
The temple trust performed the ritual of Rajat Tula, where they weighed Shah against the silver. The amount of silver would be a charity to the temple for expansion works. Moreover, he laid the foundation of two lakes in Vasan and Modasar.
On Friday evening, Shah dedicated a Sakhi One Stop Centre at Gandhinagar Civil Hospital and inaugurated an overbridge at Navapura village in Sanand tehsil, Ahmedabad. The Home Minister also attended a public meeting at Modasar, likely to distribute the benefits of various schemes.
On July 2, Saturday, Home Minister Amit Shah is likely to return to Ahmedabad for a tree plantation programme near Science City. In addition, he shall also attend a function at the new reservation centre at the Chandlodiya Railway Station.
Ahmedabad Rathyatra 2022
The 145th Rathyatra in Ahmedabad concluded in a peaceful atmosphere without any nuisance. CM Bhupendra Patel, who recently tested COVID-19 positive, paid his obeisance to Lord Jagannath, Balbhadra and Subhadra through a dashboard. Amid the light showers in the city, the three chariots left the temples early morning and proceeded to Mosal Saraspur.
A significant number of people joined the Rathyatra and participated in the occasion. Devotees also flocked to see the idol of Lord Jagannath. On the other hand, the Gujarat Police kept a close eye on the entire city to prevent untoward incidents.
Amid the political chaos in the country, Ahmedabad maintained communal unity during the Rathyatra. The chariot glided smoothly through areas like Dariapur and Shahpur. However, in a mishap, the roof of a cabin collapsed and injured more than 20 people, including children. Devotees witnessed injuries, but there were no casualties.
As soon as the chariot reached Mosal Saraspur, a banquet was ready for all the devotees. It had traditional dishes like puri-shak, Bundi, Mohan thal, fulwadi, and khichdi.
In addition to the chariots of Lord Jagannath, Balbhadra, and Subhadra, 101 decorated trucks also joined the rally. There was a thorough checking of the trucks before the rally. As per the investigation reports, there were no lethal weapons or harmful materials. After every ten trucks, there was a also police envoy, and the authorities were live tracking the vehicles using GPS.
During the Rathyatra, people noticed Gujarat Home Minister Harsh Sanghvi consoling lost kids. Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Amit Shah performed the rituals and addressed the gathering.
Here are the highlights of the Rathyatra:
- 03:55 AM: Doors of the Jagannath Temple opened
- 04:00 AM: Union Home Minister Amit Shah performed Mangal Aarti
- 04:40 AM: Pandits opened silk bandages from Lord Jagannath’s idol
- 05:00 AM: They offered prasad to the three deities
- 05:21 AM: Lord Jagannath was seated in the Nandighosh chariot
- 05:30 AM: Subhadra was seated in the Padmadhvaj Rath
- 05.38 AM: Devotees seated Balbhadra in the Taladhwaj chariot
- 06.55 AM: Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel performed the essential rituals through the dashboard
- 06:57 AM: Lord Jagannath’s chariot left the temple
- 07:02 AM: The Sister Subhadra chariot left the temple for Nagarcharya
- 07:06 AM: The Balbhadra chariot left for Nagcharya
- 07:08 AM: All three chariots were out of the temple premises
- 07:24 AM: The elephant ride departed
- 07:45 AM: Trucks headed towards Municipal Corporation
- 09:01 AM: Chariots departed from the Jamalpur gate
- 10:25 AM: All three chariots reached the cooperation
- 10:38 AM: Chariots proceeded for Khadiya
- 11:41 AM: Chariots reached Raipur
- 12:39 AM: Chariots arrived at the Five Wells Circle
- 12:59 AM: Chariots reached Saraspur
- 02:50 PM: Chariots left Mosal Saraspur
- 03:19 PM: Chariots arrived at Kalupur Circle
- 03:46 PM: Chariots reached Prem Darwaza
- 04:45 PM: Chariots arrived in Delhi Chakla
- 05:02 PM: Chariots arrived in Shahpur
- 05:50 PM: Chariots left for the Rangila outpost
- 06:15 PM: Chariots arrived at Shahpur Rangeela outpost
- 06:25 PM: Chariots arrived at RC High School
- 06:32 PM: Chariots left for Ghikanta
- 06:42 PM: Chariots reached Gajaraja Temple
- 07:30 PM: At last, Idols returned to the temple