Eating a healthy and balanced diet and doing regular exercises should be part of your lifestyle. It helps in maintaining physical health, mental health and overall well-being of your mind, body and soul.
Follow an exercise routine that you enjoy. Typically, should include stretching and strengthening exercises in combination with cardiovascular exercises. Working out should become like a stress buster. Do not over do on your workouts. Listen to your body.
- Makes sure to work out five days in a week with two days of active rest
- Choose scientific form of workouts like Pilates, Floor Workouts, Weight Training to Strengthen You Minor and Major Muscles
- Compliment your Exercise routine with Yoga to enhance your Flexibility and Release your muscles.
- Two Days of Cardiovascular workouts work ideal to begin with
- The workout regime should be extremely customised for one’s goals and body type
A regular balanced healthy nutritious food routine helps. Everyone is different so there is no one routine that can work for everyone. However, always eat enough, eat right and not less. Never Starve. Moderation is the key to a healthy lifestyle.
- Start the day with a glass of warm water followed by a fruit.
- Eat three main meals—breakfast, lunch, and dinner—with two small meals in between.
- Eat your fruits and not fruit juices.
- Drink a glass of vegetable juice.
- Healthy snacks such as peanuts or makhanas or fruits in between meals work best.
- For lunch, homemade food which contains dal, roti, chawal, and salad is ideal.
- For dinner, savour on curd rice or vegetable khichdi with some pickle.
- Post-workout nimbu pani and coconut water replenishes your body.
Harshika Patel is an Ahmedabad-based entrepreneur with interests in fitness, real estate development and organic farming. She owns the Ahmedabad studios of Celebrity Pilates Instructors Samir and Namrata Purohit’s The Pilates Studio at Mumbai. Harshika is one of the co-promoters at Gujarat’s prominent Real estate developer Sun Builders Group. As a passion she started and operates an organic farm on the outskirts of Ahmedabad called Green Grids growing fresh vegetables, microgreens and fruits.