Union cabinet meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, was held on Wednesday. Some significant decisions were taken into the meet which included Central Government giving a nod to the increase of Dearness Allowance for Central Government Employees. Union Minister Anurag Thakur briefed about the cabinet meeting in the Press Conference.
Important decisions taken in the meet:
- DA has now been increased by 11 per cent to reach 28 per cent. This change will take effect from July 1, 2021 and only 17 per cent Dearness Allowance will be available for June. More than 48 lakh central government employees and more than 65 lakh pensioners will be benefited with the decision. He also added, that the total budget in this regard would be Rs 34,000 crore.
- An important scheme in the textile sector, the RoSCTL scheme on apparel, garments and madeups will continue till March 31, 2024.
- New breeds will be developed using modern technology, animal ambulances will be arranged for the animals and a fund of Rs 9800 crore will be provided by the Central Government in this regard. The entire scheme is worth Rs 54,000 crore. This will benefit the animal husbandry and allied sectors of rural India.
- The National AYUSH Mission will be continued till 2025-26. Education and training on AYUSH system will be developed to provide it to more people. Along with this new 12,000 AYUSH Health Wellness Centre, 6 new AYUSH colleges and 12 PG Institute will be built. Also, a new AYUSH hospital will be constructed and old hospitals will be upgraded.
- Apart from this, the Central Government has decided to build new court halls in different parts of the country to increase the facilities in the courts and expand the scope of infrastructure.