As Gujarat State Aviation Infrastructure Company Limited’s (GUJSAIL) CEO, Ajay Chauhan had it all until power and pelf pushed him to the brink of destruction. During his 18 years as Gujarat Civil Aviation Director and 13 years as GujSAIL’s CEO, he allegedly abused his position by amassing illegal wealth.
Rajasthan-born Chauhan had been in the good books of the state government, which may have lulled him into a false sense of security. The Vibes of India understands that his troubles began when Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel received a complaint stating that Chauhan had misused a government aircraft for family outings.
Subsequently, he was removed from both the positions. As of now, he has just one post, that of a government accounts manager. IAS Nitin Sangwan, director of fisheries, is now in charge of GUJSAIL, formed in 2010.
During investigations, it emerged that Chauhan had disproportionate assets worth crores, both in India and abroad. A Green Card holder, he has properties in the US in the name of his wife, besides holding an NRI account.
The evidence of immovable properties he owned was presented in the complaint made to the state government. The illegal properties include two luxury flats in Riviera Elegance in Prahlad Nagar, Ahmedabad, two big farmhouses in Karai, Gandhinagar, and properties in Shela, SG Highway and Commerce Six Rasta. Also, he acquired marquee commercial properties worth crores registered in his or the names of his relatives. In addition, he owns a flat in Noida. The rental income from the properties is more than Rs 20 lakhs.
The government has already seized his cabin along with the luxurious furniture he bought in the name of GUJSAIL in his Gandhinagar farmhouse.
Chauhan’s suspicious property list
- A 7397 sq. meter luxurious house in survey number 111 in Karai Gandhinagar. Its market price is around 25 crores.
- In a 7/12 (land registration document), a 50% share on a property is registered in the name of his close Prahladbhai
- Would earn Rs 2-3 lakhs through rent from a shop at Commerce Char Rasta
- Had an income of Rs 10-12 lakhs per month from a hoarding on a prime location building.
- Earned Rs 3.17 lakh per month from a leased shop on SG Highway. The rent agreement is in the name of Harjinder Sindh Basin
- He would enjoy an income of Rs 10,000 per month from his Greater Noida flat
Also Read: H3N2 Claims Two In March; Govt Issues Advisory On Test-Track-Trace