A complaint has been registered in the case of death of 12 workers owing to the wall collapse in Halvad GIDC, at Halvad police station.
Rajeshbhai alias Lakhu Rameshbhai Pirana, who lost his father and son, lodged a complaint with Halwad police. Offences were filed against eight individuals including the factory owner, manager, and supervisor.
The Sagar Salt factory has a cement wall in which not a single beam or column was found. Even though the wall was known to be weak, a plastic sack filled with salt was placed next to the wall. The sacks were arranged higher than the wall to bolster the cement contraption.
Preliminary investigation points at pressure of the salt sacks on the wall responsible for its collapse. The tragedy killed twelve people, including a child and a teenager. The complaint also mentions child labour as a cognisable offence. The booked have been charged with under all relevant sections.
A complaint was filed against these 8 individuals:
(1) Afzalbhai Alarkhabhai Ghoniya, Halwad (Owner)
(2) Rajeshkumar Mahendrakumar Jain, Jaipur Rajasthan (Owner)
(3) Kishanram Lalaram Chaudhary, Jaipur Rajasthan (Owner)
(4) Devo alias Waris Alarkhabhai Ghoniya, Halvad (Administrator)
(5) Atmaram Kishanram Chaudhary, Girnarinagar, Halvad originally hails from Jaipur, Rajasthan (Administrator)
(6) Sanjaybhai Chunilal Khatri, Halvad (Supervisor)
(7) Manojbhai Revabhai Sanura, Halvad (Supervisor)
(8) Asifbhai Nurabhai, Halvad (Supervisor)