Ahmedabad is witnessing a surge rise in water and mosquito borne disease along with an increase in mortality in the city. The number of patients dying from diseases like dengue, chikungunya has risen to 25 in the last two months. The patients are flocking to government and private hospitals in Ahmedabad for their treatment.
As many as 1,500 new cases of water and mosquito borne diseases have been reported in a single week in about 50 private hospitals in Ahmedabad. Also, the patients who had previously suffered from corona are facing cases of lung problems in disease like chicken pox. In the first 20 days of September, 222 cases of dengue, 75 cases of chikungunya and 46 cases of malaria have been reported in Civil, while 145 cases of Dengue and 35 cases of Chikungunya and 36 cases of Malaria have been reported in Sola Civil Hospital of the city.
The epidemic is showing a more deadly effect on children. Around 70 per cent of children who need to be admitted for further treatment are seen to be in need of oxygen for treatment.
What can you do to prevent these diseases?
- Clear off damp areas of your house and the sources of stagnant and still water
- Use repellents to avoid and protect yourself from mosquito bites
- Do not wear wet or damp clothes and socks for a longer time
- Wash your hands thoroughly before having meals
- Try to keep indoors lighten up because