Following a flurry of campaigning, voting for 93 of Gujarat’s 182 assembly seats will take place today in the second and final phase of voting, determining the fate of the 833 candidates.
There has been a high voltage battle among political parties including Bharatiya Janata Party, Congress, and Aam Aadmi Party for making poll promises as the fate of the political parties will be decided by over 2.51 crore electorates.
The 93 poll round seats in the second phase are spread across Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Patan, Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Aravali, Mahisagar, Panchmahal, Dahod, Vadodara, Anand, Kheda and Chhota Udaipur district.
The leader of the opposition, Congress’ Sukhram Rathava will contest from Chhota Udaipur, while Lakhabhai Bharwad, Jignesh Mevani and Amee Yajnik are some other prominent congress names from Viramgam, Vadgam and Ghatlodia seats.
- 8:45 AM: Voting for the second phase of the Gujarat Assembly elections began at 8 am on Monday across 14 central and northern districts of the state, Exit Polls Post 5:30pm
- 8:47AM: Vibes of india exclusive coverages: Gordhan Zadaphia appeals to Nikole Deepak School to vote more:
- 8:50AM: Each and Every Vote Counts, Says Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
- 8:52AM: Congress’ Amee Yagnik arrived to vote
- 9:02AM: PM Modi tweets, Urging people to caste their vote
- 9:07 AM:PM Modi Leaves Gandhinagar Raj Bhawan to Cast Vote
- 9:28AM: Congress’ Amit Chavda cast his vote
- 10:00AM: Prime Minister Narendra Modi cast his vote
- 10:26AM: BJP candidate from Viramgam, Hardik Patel cast his vote
- 10:46AM: Union Home Minister Amit Shah arrives at polling booths
- 11:33AM Women in Command: An all women managed Polling Station (Sakhi Booth) in Gandhinagar district
- 11:50AM: Uttar Pradesh Governor and former Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel casts her vote in Ahmedabad
- 12:52AM: Aam Aadmi Party’s National Joint General Secretary and AAP’s CM candidate Isudan Gadhvi ji cast his vote at a polling booth