A resident doctor working at the Gandhinagar Civil Hospital died of suicide a few days back by overdosing on vials of intravenous injection in his staff quarters.
Vinay Jani, a resident doctor working in the anaesthesia department of Gandhinagar Civil Hospital, was found unconscious in his room. Following this. The police were informed and a probe of initiated. Prima facie investigation revealed that Dr Jani had overdosed on a drug called Atra Codium injected intravenously.
Superintendent of Gandhinagar Civil Hospital, Niyatiben Lakhani, said the staff members had been calling Jani since the morning of the day he died of suicide, but the call went unanswered.
A search of his room at the staff quarters revealed that he had died of suicide.
It is to be mentioned that a few months ago, after drinking caffeine, a person drove a car recklessly in Civil Hospital and caused extensive damage. In this incident, Dr Jani’s name was revealed. Postmortem is underway.