The death of 116 cows after consuming toxic grass-fodder in the years-old Panjrapole an asylum and a care center for cattle in Sabarkantha district of Gujarat has caused a stir.
Animal lovers are demanding action against the culprits according to the source , food poisoning is being said to be the cause of death of cows Prithvirajbhai Patel, head of Idar Panjrapol Sanstha, said that after eating green grass, the stomachs of the cows swelled. This information was given to the veterinarians. Immediate drug-treatment of sick animals was started.
According to the information, 150 years old Panjrapole is spread over 880 acres of land in Idar of Sabarkantha district. There are thousands of cows here, under whose care many workers are engaged day and night.