Great democratic festival of Gujarat, 89 assembly seats in South Gujarat and Saurashtra are currently up for election. 788 candidates are competing in the first round.
Cometh the hour, cometh the man, they say. Today, when Gujarat votes for the first phase of the Assembly elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to hold a grand road show in Ahmedabad. And what a spectacle it promises to be – Modi will cover a distance of 38 km in the city – which is longer than Ahmedabad’s famous yearly Rath Yatra that covers 34 km.
Modi’s roadshow, which is scheduled to begin at Naroda and will end at Chandkheda, will easily beat the previous record of the 30-km roadshow in Surat.
The PM is then scheduled to kick off the day with a speech at the BJP’s Vijay Sankalp Sammelan at Kaalol, followed by Chhota Udepur, and Himmatnagar.
It is pertinent to note that the areas Modi will be going to will vote in the second phase of the elections on December 5.
The tentative breakup of the 38-km roadshow is Naroda Gam Bethak to Naroda Patiya, Krushnagar chaar rasta – Hirawadi – Suhana Restaurant – Shyam Shikhar crossroads – Bapunagar crossroads – Khodiyar Nagar BRTS route – Viratnagar – Soni Ni Chaali – Rajendra chaar rastaa – Rabari Colony – CTM – Hatkeshwar chaar rastaa – Khokhra Circle – Anupam Bridge – the Deendayal statue – Football ground – Bhulabhai chaar rastaa – Shah Alam tol naka – Danilimda chaar rastaa – Mangal Vikas chaar rastaa – Khodiyarnagar – Baherampura – Chandranagar – Dharnidhar chaar rastaa – Jivraj Park– Shyamal– Shivranjani — Helmet chaar rastaa – AEC chaar rastaa – Pallav – Prabhat Chowk – Patidar Chowk – Akhbaar Nagar – Vyasvadi – D Mart – RTO Circle – Sabarmati Power House – Sabarmati Police Station – Jantanagar chaar rastaa – IOC chaar rastaa – Chandkheda.
- 08:15 am : Rivaba Jadeja Casts Her Vote: ‘I Have Full Trust In My Voters’
- 08:26 am : BJP’s candidate for the Jamnagar North seat, Rivaba Jadeja is up against sister-in-law Naynaba Jadeja, Congress’ candidate for the seat.
- 08: 30 am : Rivaba said, “This is not the first time that two members of a family are associated with two different ideologies.”
- 08: 35 am : BJP candidate Piyush Patel was attacked hours before the voting. According to sources, unknown persons attacked Piyush Patel in his car. He has been taken to the hospital with injuries.
- 08:37 am : Congress’ Arjun Modhwadia: People Have Taken A Resolve to Remove the BJP
- 08:45 am : Congress’ MLA Paresh Dhanani Goes to Vote With Gas Cylinder on Bicycle to highlight High Fuel Price Issue
- 08:55 am : Ex-CM Vijay Rupani Casts Vote, Says Confident that BJP Will Win. He said, “I appeal to people to cast their votes. Voting is necessary to safeguard democracy. I am confident that BJP is going to form the government in Gujarat for the seventh time. People have love and respect for PM Modi, they won’t go anywhere else.
- 9:15 am: Gujarat finance minister Kanubhai Desai said, “Gujarat has been progressing and the people of the state have decided to vote for the BJP. People have trust in BJP and there’ll be more development in the state. BJP will form government in the state.”
- 9:18 am : Gujarat BJP chief CR Paatil casts his vote
- 09:20 am : Union home minister Amit Shah said, “In the last two decades, Gujarat has become synonymous with development and peace, which every Indian is proud of. But this was possible because of the strong government elected by the people of Gujarat. I appeal to the voters of the first phase to vote with unprecedented enthusiasm and numbers to continue this development journey”.
- 09:43 am : Congress’ Rahul Gandhi’s appeal to voters
- 09:50 am: Dang and Tapi districts recorded the highest voter turnout in the state in the first hour of polling. In Dang, 7.76 per cent of votes were polled while in Tapi 7.25 per cent.
- 10:02 am: Gujarat CM Bhupendra Patel tweeted “As the first phase of Gujarat assembly elections is going on today, I appeal to all the voters to vote in large numbers and contribute to strengthening the democracy. Prime Minister Narendrabhai Modi has also had a telephonic conversation with me in this regard and wished me well.”
- 10:04 am: Taking to Twitter, BJP national president JP Nadda said “Today is the first phase of polling in Gujarat. I appeal to all the brothers and sisters to vote in large numbers for peace, development and prosperity in the state, this is the main pillar of progress.”
- 10:00 am: Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal tweeted: Voting is being held on 89 seats in the first phase of Gujarat elections today. My appeal to all the voters of the assembly constituencies where voting is taking place in Gujarat today-“You have a golden opportunity, do vote for the better future of Gujarat and your children, this time do something big.”
- 10:05 am: Mumtaz Patel, the late senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel’s daughter, votes at a polling station in Ankleshwar, Bharuch.
- 10:10 am: BJP candidate Babu Bokhiriya after voting in Porbandar said ‘The power that comes to me belongs to the people and not to me’
- 10:15am: Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja casts his vote at in Jamnagar. “I appeal to the people to vote in large numbers”, he said.
- 11:50am: Husband caught officiating as presiding officer in place of wife at Dhoraji
- 11:56am: Phone conversation of Vagra MLA Arinsinh Rana: “This is not an election, it is Indo-Pak war. Wake up and divide Hindu-Muslim.”
- 12:12pm: Union Minister Darshana Jardosh Casts Vote in Surat and she said that “People are voting for double-engine govt in the state. People from every community have been voting and we’ll be forming govt with an absolute majority”.
- 1:21PM: As per the Election Commission of India (ECI), Tapi recorded the highest voter turnout at 26.47 percent while Devbhumi Dwaraka recorded the lowest voter turnout at 15.86 per cent. The voter turnout in Amreli was 19 per cent, Bharuch recorded 17.57 per cent, Bhavnagar was 18.84 per cent, Botad at 18.50 per cent, Dangs at 24.99 per cent, Gir Somnath at 20.75 per cent, Jamnagar was at 17.85 per cent, Junagadh at 18.85 per cent, Kachchh was at 17.62 per cent and Morbi at 22.27 per cent. Meanwhile, the voter turnout at Narmada was 23.73 per cent, Navsari was at 21.79 per cent, Porbandar was at 16.49 per cent, Rajkot was at 18.98 per cent, Surat was at 17.92 per cent, Surendranagar was at 20.67 per cent and Valsad was at 19.57 per cent.
- 1:59PM: A total of 30.26 percent polling was recorded till 1 pm in Botad district. 32.95 percent in Botad, 27.28 percent in Gahda
- 2:06 PM : Rajkot had 32.88 per cent by 1PM
- 2:07 PM :The staff at a booth in Kutch stopped voting and sat down to eat, while People were gathered outside to vote. The district administration took action and resumed voting.
- 2:14 PM : There is no power cut even for 1 minute in a year on Varachha, there was a power cut for 45 minutes during voting.
- 2:36 PM: Amazing video of healthy politics in Amreli:
• Congress candidate Paresh Dhanani arrives at the BJP office
• Had tea with Dilip Sanghani, Purushottam Rupala and Gordhan Zadaphia
- 2:54PM Our police officers serve promptly and provide a good example for humanity. Salute to this cop who helped a physical challenged child and helped him.
- 4:31pm: Gujarat Election 2022: 100% Voting Completed at Banej Village in Gir Somnath, Polling Station Set Up for Mahant Haridasbapu