An accused has been arrested with drugs worth Rs 10 crore (MD drugs) in Jamnagar. The names of three more persons have been revealed in the case.
A team of Jamnagar Naval Intelligence had set up a watch on the started section road on the basis of specific information. At this time, a man passing by in suspicious condition was stopped and searched and a quantity of 10 kgs MD drugs was found in his possession. The estimated cost of which is being calculated at Rs 6 crore.
The man who was caught with a consignment of drugs (MD drugs) was questioned by the Naval Intelligence. In which the involvement of three more persons was revealed. At present, a case has been registered against the accused in the case. An investigation has also been conducted by the security agency into where the consignment was brought from and to whom it was to be delivered.
The quantity of drugs seized from Gujarat during the last two years:
- On August 16,2022: 200 kgs of MD drugs were seized from Morbi village in Vadodara.
- On April 23, 2022: drugs worth over Rs 7 lakh were seized from Vadodara.
- On April 21, 2022: 250 kgs of drugs were seized from Kandla port.
- On March 3, 2022: drugs worth Rs 60 crore were seized from Ahmedabad airport.
- On February 12, 2022: 800 kgs of drugs seized from Arabian Sea.
- On November 15, 2021: drugs worth Rs 600 crore seized from Morbi.
- On November 10, 2021: 65 kgs of drugs seized from Dwarka.
- On November 10, 2021:drugs worth Rs 5.85 lakh seized from Surat.
- On October 24, 2021: drugs worth Rs 25 lakh were seized from Ahmedabad.
- On October 12, 2021: 117 grams of drugs seized from Banaskantha.
- On October 10, 2021: 384 grams of MD drugs seized from Sabarkantha.
- On September 27, 2021: drugs worth Rs 26 lakh were seized from Banaskantha.
- On September 24, 2021: drugs worth Rs 10 lakh were seized from Surat.
- On September 23, 2021: drugs worth Rs 150 crore were seized from the sea off Porbandar.
- On September 16, 2021: 3000 kgs, drugs worth Rs 21,000 crore seized from Mundra port.