Skoda is an SUV brand known for its design, aesthetics and high-performance engine. Today Ahmedabad based Stellar Skoda launched the company’s latest offering, the Skoda Kushaq. Speaking to Vibes of India (VoI), Abhimanyu said Stellar Skoda had the credit of doing 9 percent of all India sales for the Company through their seven outlets spread including Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat and Mehsana.
CEO of the company, Abhimanyu Tripathi spoke on the side-lines of the watch with VoI. Excerpts
- This is my family business. “As a fresher out of Imperial College London, I had no idea how the automobile industry worked or how dealership operated. I was, and still am, a guy who gets fascinated by cars.
- Yes, because I have had a cakewalk so far, I consider myself privileged. “I had zero struggles in being a businessman. I acknowledge my privilege and I work 14 hours a day to compensate for it. I know I had it easy, most people spend their lives aspiring for this. I respect my privilege and work the hardest”.
- I studied management through books, but the execution is a whole different game. I believe in empowering my people. From a chai wala, driver, poem to our vice-president; I share a rapport with everyone in my organization. Our staff strength is over 300 people and I know each one of them by their names”.
- Before getting into the auto sector I volunteered for the conservation and animal welfare work at Nature and Wildlife Foundation, Sasan Gir.
- I also run a company, Civic Solutions-a web and mobile app service to bridge a gap between concerns of the citizens and state government.