The Indian Railways has begun the Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train for the ‘Garvi Gujarat’ tour. Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw flagged off the train from Delhi’s Safdarjung railway station on Tuesday. The Seven nights and Eight days tour will end on March 07, 2023, at Delhi Safdarjung railway station.
The launch of the ‘Garvi Gujarat’ rail tour package is in line with the government’s ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ scheme. The boarding and de-boarding facilities are available at Gurugram, Rewari, Ringas, Phullera, and Ajmer railway stations.
The IRCTC’s special tourist train will carry 156 tourists. The train will travel about 3,500 kilometres.
The train will cover some of Gujarat’s most well-known monuments, pilgrimage sites, and world heritage sites, including Vadodara, Somnath, Dwarka, Ahmedabad, Modhera, and Patan.
- Vadodara – Statue of unity, and Champaner Archaeological park (UNESCO site)
- Somnath – Somnath temple, Somnath beach and BhalkaTirth
- Dwarka – Dwarkadhish temple, Nageshwar Jyotirling and Beyt Dwarka
- Ahmedabad – Sabarmati Ashram, Akshardham, Dandi Kutir, and Adalaj stepwell
- Modhera – Sun Temple
- Patan – Rani Ki Vav (UNESCO site)
Features of Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train: –
The Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist train is paired with a modern, state-of-the-art AC rake. There are two fine dining restaurants, a modern kitchen car, shower cubicles in coaches, sensor-based washroom functions, and a foot massager for tourists. It also has a mini library beside Security Guards, an electronic locker, clean toilets, and enhanced security features of CCTV Cameras. The fully air-conditioned train has two types of accommodation: first and second class.
Other Bharat Gaurav circuits:
With the launch of the ‘Garvi Gujarat’ yatra, the country’s 17 Bharat Gaurav circuits have been established thus far. The government plans to build ten more Bharat Gaurav circuits in the coming months.
The other circuits are –
- Shirdi Sai Mandir Yatra
- Shri Ramayan Yatra
- Divya Kashi – Adi Amavasya Yatra
- Onam Holiday Special
- Mahalaya Amavasya Special
- Frontier Holiday Special
- Coimbatore-Kumbakonam – Coimbatore
- Karnataka Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan
- Sampoorna Yatra
- Shri Jagannath Yatra
- 05 Jyotirlinga Yatra
- Shakti Peeth Special
- Mahashivaratri Special – Kashi Yatra
- Puri Gangasagar Tour
- Shri Ram Janki Yatra
- Erode – Ernakulam – Erode circuit.