More than 141 people have died after Gujarat’s Morbi collapsed last evening. Some 177 people have been saved and teams are searching for several others who are still missing. Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), Army are on site as rescue operation continues today.
Around 500 people, including women and children, were on the suspension bridge when the cables supporting it collapse, sending people crashing into the river below.
“I can’t describe it in words. There were children as well. I helped people as members of my own family. I also gave my vehicle to carry bodies to the hospital. The admin also helped. I never saw anything like this ever,” says Haseena, an eyewitness to the collapse.
The Gujarat government has formed a five-member committee to investigate the case. It includes:
- IAS Rajkumar Beniwal, Municipal Administration Commissioner
- KM Patel, Chief Engineer Quality Control, R&B Division, Gandhinagar
- Dr. Gopal Tank, HOD Structural Engineer, LD Engineering College, Ahmedabad
- Sandeep Vasava, Secretary Road and Building
- Subhash Trivedi, IG- CID Crime
BJP doctor cell in Morbi
Multi specialty hospital list
- Aayush hospital
Dr Chetan Agha: 75750 88888
- Krishna Hospital
Dr Vinod Kaila :98252 57493
- Shivam hospital
Dr Prahalad Ughareja :70412 12121
- Samarpan Hospital
Dr Dhruv Jivani :99252 06610