Doctors are the existing form of God, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said while addressing the doctor’s fraternity on the occasion of National Doctors’ Day. The Programme was organised by the Indian Medical Association (IMA).
Like every year, the country is celebrating National Doctors’ Day today on July 1 to honour the contributions of the doctors. The first National Doctor’s day was celebrated in the country in July 1991.
What PM Modi said in his address
Today, when the nation is fighting the COVID-19 pandemic, doctors have worked tirelessly to save lakhs of lives. There have been those doctors who laid down their lives saving the lives of others. I pay homage to all those doctors who made the supreme sacrifice.
- Doctors are called a form of God, and for a good reason.
- After decades since independence, we all know how medical infrastructure was neglected… and what state it was in.
- During the first wave, the government had allocated 15,000 crores as a special fund to increase the health infrastructure in the nation.
- Today the number of hospitals, the number of AIIMS across the nation, the number of medical colleges have started or are being built. With these, people in the remotest parts of the nation will be able to fulfil their dreams of becoming doctors.
- We are always thankful to doctors and healthcare workers for their service, and hence we have brought and enhanced laws for their protection too.
- This year too, the budgeted allocation for health has more than doubled to over ₹ 2 lakh crores.
- We have also seen in recent times that many doctors and medical practitioners have actively promoted yoga and wellness. This should have been done in the decades before too, but it is being done now.
- Yoga and wellness is a accepted the world over and it is encouraging to see how many people are now actively keen about their well-being and fitness.Yoga should also reach all corners of the world