Saurashtra University Report: Mobile Addiction Among Kids Affecting Sleep, Behaviour, Adjustment

Gujarat News, Gujarati News, Latest Gujarati News, Gujarat Breaking News, Gujarat Samachar.

Latest Gujarati News, Breaking News in Gujarati, Gujarat Samachar, ગુજરાતી સમાચાર, Gujarati News Live, Gujarati News Channel, Gujarati News Today, National Gujarati News, International Gujarati News, Sports Gujarati News, Exclusive Gujarati News, Coronavirus Gujarati News, Entertainment Gujarati News, Business Gujarati News, Technology Gujarati News, Automobile Gujarati News, Elections 2022 Gujarati News, Viral Social News in Gujarati, Indian Politics News in Gujarati, Gujarati News Headlines, World News In Gujarati, Cricket News In Gujarati

Saurashtra University Report: Mobile Addiction Among Kids Affecting Sleep, Behaviour, Adjustment

| Updated: January 10, 2023 16:35

A recent study undertaken by the Dept of Psychology, Saurashtra University, has deduced that 93% of the children do not like outdoor games/ sports anymore. They are addicted to the phone screen and prefer “mobile games.” The study also points to mothers being responsible for the lapse. 

The paper was undertaken by some students, led by HoD Yogesh Jogsan and assistant professor Dimple Ramani. For the survey, they interviewed 1,134 children and their mothers. 

The department also sought cooperation from several private schools in Rajkot to provide details of students who were angry, emotionally weak and/or reported behavioural issues. 

“We received about 5,000 names. Of these, we zeroed in on 1,134 names on basis of worrisome behaviour patterns. The surveyors then contacted the mothers to find out the about mobile addiction in their children. They found that 54% of mothers give their children mobile phones to keep them busy. About 30% of the sampled group were working women; the remaining 70%  were non-working,” shared a student involved with the data collection. 

According to the survey, 82% of children demand a mobile phone from their parents, while 93% of children prefer to play mobile games and do not like playing outdoor games.  Nearly 78% of children “eat only when they are watching mobile screens.”

The survey also concluded that 82% of children suffer from some adjustment problem or learning impediment, all traced to mobile addiction. 

“Parents must know where to draw the line. Kids not eating or not doing HW because the screen was denied must not be given into,” cautioned a senior teacher in a reputed city school. She added that living in a virtual world will also interfere with the moral and social interaction of gen-next. 

The surveyors also deduced that 64% of children talk about mobile games even in their sleep while the average bedtime of nearly 77% of the sampled numbers was delayed due to mobile screen surfing. 

Also Read: UCC Panels In Gujarat, Uttarakhand Get Supreme Court Go-Ahead

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *