Word games are fun and popular activities that let you enjoy some friendly rivalry and interaction with your family and friends.
Wordle is one of the hottest word games today. It was created by Josh Wardle, a former Reddit employee and software engineer, who launched it in October 2021 to pass the time during the pandemic lockdowns. It quickly became a global sensation, attracting millions of fans and catching the eye of The New York Times Company, which bought it in 2022.
Another great game you will want to try is Knotwords, a puzzle game by Zach Gage and Jack Schlesinger. It’s a clever blend of word scramble, crossword, and sudoku that will challenge your brain and your word knowledge. You can get it on iOS, Android, and Steam and have fun right away.
You can find many other word games to enjoy and explore. Codycross or Crossword Jam have been very popular in the last few years. Cody Cross Daily is a new puzzle published by the game for the players who have already completed all levels. Besides being fun, these games can also give you some benefits that even the most skilled word lovers will appreciate. Here are those benefits:
· Word games can teach you new words and help you spell better. You can learn words that are new to you and use them in your own speech and writing.
· Word games are good for your body your mind. They can make you feel relaxed, lower your stress levels, lift your mood, and strengthen your brain. Playing word games can also help you stay sharp, protect your memory, and slow down cognitive aging.
· In today’s busy world, you may have to deal with many distractions and multitasking challenges. Word games help you focus on the task at hand and use your strategic thinking skills.
· Word games require you to think critically and creatively, which can activate your brain. Just like physical activity helps your body stay healthy, word games help your mind stay sharp and alert.
· WebMD says that word games can benefit seniors by protecting their memory and slowing down dementia. But seniors are not the only ones who can enjoy these benefits. Word games can also boost short-term memory and cognitive functions for people of any age.
· You will feel happy by playing word games. And when you feel happy, your body produces endorphins, which are hormones and neurotransmitters that make you feel good. Healthline explains that endorphins are released after enjoyable activities, and they come from the hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain.
In the end, we know that playing with words can benefit the mind and body in many ways. They can trigger the production of endorphins that make you feel cheerful, confident, and calm. They can also sharpen your mental skills, such as recall, imagination, and reasoning.
Last but not least, word games can boost your overall wellness, by elevating your happiness, intelligence, and energy. These are just some of the many benefits of word games – you may discover more as you play them.