Diabetic people are on the rise. People of every age-group are facing the issue of diabetes. Research has proven that both genders male and female, have an equal chance of getting diabetes.
It is a fallacy that women have less chances to be diabetic. During their periods of menstrual cycle and menopause, blood sugar levels
may be impacted by hormonal changes.
Diabetes can lead to threatening problems such as eyesight loss,
skin ailments, nerve problems and kidney diseases. Hence, there are 6 lifestyle tips which a woman should follow to avoid diabetes which are as follows:
1) Healthy Diet: Women should consume a rich diet consisting of low carbohydrates. Freshly grown vegetables and fruits should be a key target for eating. Lean meats and non-fat dairy products should be picked up by women.
2) Active Lifestyle: A woman should pursue an active lifestyle to lower down their blood sugar.Physical exercises such as running, yoga, cardiovascular exercises reduce the risk of heart diseases. It also leads to reduction in weight and burning of fat.
3) Visiting Doctor: A woman should visit a doctor twice a year to
know about their sugar and cholesterol levels.Aslo, it is necessary
to have an eye-check up.
4) Avoiding taking Stress: Stress and anxiety also increases the blood sugar level and it also increases the chance of diabetes. To curb stress, it is advised to practice yoga daily, practice different breathing techniques and take breaks between work.
5) Quit Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of getting diabetes.
Also, smoking makes it more difficult for the body to do exercise.
6) Limiting Alcohol Consumption: A dramatic rise in alcohol consumption can lead to rise in blood sugar levels. Women should always check their blood sugar levels before consuming alcohol.