In a bizarre incident, a 6-year-old boy was killed in an elevator malfunction in Gujarat capital Ahmedabad. The incident took place in a residential society in Shahibagh area of the city when the head of the child got stuck in it.
The boy was playing on the ground floor of the Vasant Vihar Society when he entered the building lift, which malfunctioned. The lift doors closed abruptly, and the child’s head got stuck in it.
The lift remained stuck between the ground and the first floor with the child trapped in it for some time. Residents of the society frantically tried to rescue him but to no avail. They called the fire brigade team after their efforts failed.
The fire brigade officials managed to get the child out of the lift. Severely injured, he was rushed to the hospital.
The doctors there, however, pronounced the 6-year-old dead on arrival.
The exact reason behind the lift malfunction is being investigated.