Explore the latest developments in Ahmedabad, ranging from the rejuvenation of the city’s historic gates to the ongoing expansion of the Sabarmati Riverfront into Gandhinagar, including the introduction of an air-conditioned Volvo bus service connecting Ahmedabad Airport and Rajkot by GSRTC.
Heritage Gates to Get a Makeover:
- The city’s heritage gates will soon get a new look, as the standing committee has issued directives to enhance their aesthetics and lighting. The committee has expressed its commitment to preserving these historic sites, and has ordered the permanent illumination and beautification of the gates. The committee has also instructed to keep the heritage route, which attracts tourists from all over the country, clean and litter-free. The cleaning operations will be carried out three to four times a day to ensure hygiene and sanitation in the area.
Sabarmati Riverfront to Extend to Gandhinagar:
- The Sabarmati Riverfront Phase-3, a project worth Rs. 1,000 crore by an international company, will expand the riverfront to Gandhinagar. The new phase will span from Indira Bridge to Narmada Main Canal, covering an area of about 4.5 km. This will increase the total length of the riverfront to 38.5 km. The project will also create a 1.5 km forested area within the riverfront, with extensive tree planting. Additionally, 10 food plazas will be set up in the Lower Promenade area for the visitors.
AC Volvo Bus Service Between Ahmedabad Airport and Rajkot:
- GSRTC will launch an AC Volvo bus service between Ahmedabad Airport and Rajkot from February 5th, Monday. The fare for this route will be Rs 553. The AC Volvo buses will run both ways, between SVPI Airport and Rajkot. The buses will depart at 6 AM from Ahmedabad Airport and 5 PM from Rajkot. The bookings can be done easily through the GSRTC app. More buses will be added on this route in the future.
AMC Cracks Down on Public Littering:
- Ahmedabad is taking strict measures to prevent public littering. The Solid Waste Management Department will penalize anyone who is found spitting or spreading filth in public places. The offenders could face fines of up to Rs 500. The Municipal Commissioner has directed the officials to impose penalties and conduct awareness programs to maintain cleanliness in public areas.
Ahmedabad Metro Sees Increase in Passengers:
- The Ahmedabad metro has witnessed a significant increase in passenger numbers. Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation Limited (GMRC) is optimistic that the ridership will continue to grow, as more stations and lines are being added.
AMC Fixes Base Price for Riverfront Plots:
- The Sabarmati Riverfront Development Corporation Ltd (SRFDCL) has decided to lease land along the Sabarmati Riverfront. A plot on the western part of the riverfront, at Vaallabh Sadan, has been valued at Rs 3.08 lakh per sq m. The AMC is also planning to offer development rights, which will allow developers to use the property for a fixed period, at a low rate of Rs 22,647 per sq m for the riverfront plots.
Helmetless riders top traffic offenders in Gujarat. Click Here