Russia Ukraine war has entered day 39 but there seems to be no major breakthrough in talks between the two countries so far. Talks between two countries have not yielded any results so far.
1. After Russian forces withdrew from the towns of Bucha and Irpin, horrific videos and photos emerged of burnt down cars and houses and bodies of civilians on the streets.
2. Ukraine has become the first nation to fund its defense efforts in crypto. Ukraine’s deputy minister for Digital Transformation announced on Twitter that, “cryptocurrency plays a significant role in the defense of Ukraine.” Important thing to note here is that Bitcoin and other cryptos were legalized in Ukraine in mid-March after the Russian attack on the country.
3. Ukrainian President Zelensky announced that his country will not accept any outcome, besides victory. Meanwhile he held talks with his UK counterpart Boris Johnson.
4. In the past 15 days, prominent leaders of 10 countries have visited India. Names include Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov, Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi and many others. The war and India’s independent stance was discussed. The PM of Israel had scheduled his visit to India but later postponed it after he tested positive for covid-19.
5. Russian state affiliated media house RT is busy propagating the importance of Russian gas as Baltic states stop importing Russian gas.
6. There are high chances that Pope Francis will visit Ukrainian city Kyiv. This comes after the Pope criticizes Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.
7. Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov has issued a statement that talks with Ukraine have not been easy. Important to note here is that both countries have held several rounds of talks in Belarus last month.