The health department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation on Tuesday raided Heena restaurant after a complaint was filed about a dead mouse found in its Paneer Bhurji.
A dead mouse was found in Paneer Bhurji in a restaurant at Dilli Darwaja which has sent two customers – a mother and son duo to hospital with serious symptoms of food poisoning.
The incident happened on Monday when Babulal Parmar (48) and his family ordered Paneer Bhurji from Heena Restaurant at Dilli Darwaza. The family elder Babulal Parmar and his son Vishal had some portion of the sabzi after which his wife Gause and son Parthiv had some.
They noticed something unusual about the vegetable and on taking a close look at what looked like a veggie was, to their horror – a dead mouse. Babulal said that they initially felt it was a capsicum, but when they removed it from the packaging they were shocked to see that it was a dead mouse. He further said that his wife and son started vomiting and feeling dizzy. The duo was then taken to the hospital.