Gujarat’s biggest industrial body, Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) on Tuesday held an interactive session on Parenting by author of Chankya Series Best Seller books, Josh Talks and TEDx speaker Dr. Radhakrishnan Pillai in collaboration with the Jain International Trade Organization (JITO)- Ahmedabad.
In his welcome address, Hemant Shah, President of the GCCI, stated that the purpose of organising this programme is to brainstorm parenting ideas in the world of digital technology, where kids have complete access to the internet and are questioning as well as reasoning.
Dr. Radhakrishnan Pillai was introduced briefly by Nirmam Jhaveri, Chairman of the Youth Committee.
In his address, Dr. Radhakrishnan Pillai shared a detailed presentation on the Art of Parenting.Key takeaways from his speech are as follows:
(1)Teach your child to be fearless
(2) Child should not be groomed to be optimistic or pessimistic, but groomed to be realistic
(3) Involve your children in everything that you do or discuss
(4) Parents should teach their children values over valuables
(5) For the first five years love your child unconditionally, for the next ten years discipline him. From sixteenth year onwards treat him as a friend
(6) Teach children to accept failures
Vrujal Jhaveri, a Youth Committee member, concluded the session with a vote of thanks.