Following the arrest of six gang members, the police have slapped a case under the Gujarat Control of Terrorism and Organized Crime (GUJCTOC) against a gang allegedly terrorising Surat city. The case was registered against the Maniya Dukkar, Kelia, Amba and Bunty Dayawan gang for terrorizing Udhana, Limbayat and Dindoli police stations.
The Surat police had earlier registered a case against the gang under the Gujarat Control of Terrorism and Organized Crime (GUJCTOC) law.
Members of the gang apparently terrorised a tailor in Dindoli and had demanded ransom money for members currently in jail. Dindoli police registered a case and arrested the accused. Eventually, with the court’s approval, the police registered a case against 16 members of the gang under GUJCTOC. The gang has been charged with 58 counts of murder, extortion, assault and intimidation.
(1) Nitin alias Raj alias Valmik Suresh Patil
(2) Komalsingh aka Mama Dilipsingh Girashe (Rajput)
(3) Pintukumar alias Mithun alias Ahmedabadi Rameshbhai Nandurbare
(4) Santosh aka Santosh Langado Nana Patil
(5) Accused Narendra alias Kabutar Sakharam Patil and Arjun Viran Paswan
Accused currently in jail
(1) Pravin alias Amba Aadharbhai Koli
(2) Dayawan alias Bunty Ashokbhai Patil
(3) Sagar alias Nitin alias Manoj alias Mania Dukkar Santoshbhai Sonwarne
(4) Ajay alias Jakia Gulab Khare
(5) Sagar Aadhar Bhaidas Koli
(6) Ganesh alias Batka Bapu Babulal Koli
(7) Rupesh alias Rupee Shalik Bhudo Marathi
Accused still at large
(1) Kailash alias Kelio Aadhar Patil
(2) Rahul alias Bandia Sunil Mahajan
(3) Subham Madhukar Patil