A brand new cabinet took oath in Gujarat with Bhupendra Patel as its head. Governor Acharya Devvrat administered the oath to 10 cabinet ministers and 14 ministers of state, including five ministers of state with independent charge–at Raj Bhavan, Gandhinagar on Thursday.
The choice of ministers in the newly-formed cabinet shows a dominant Saurashtra and South Gujarat presence. In addition, the Patel factor is also quite high. The fresh inductions include two women and representatives of various communities. The exercise shows that the party has tried to balance caste and regional representation.
Prime Minister Modi and Union Home minister Amit Shah pushed for a “no repeat” formula ahead of next year’s assembly elections in the state.
To answer the top five questions on the new cabinet in Gujarat, watch the conversation with Deepal Trivedi and find the answers. The questions include:
- What do you think of the ‘no repeat’ theory of BJP in Gujarat?
- What does BJP want to convey through its caste and regional representation in the Cabinet?
- There is no visible dissent amongst the outgoing cabinet members. What does this reflect about BJP’s core strategies?
- What is the future of Congress and AAP in Gujarat?
- Do you think Gujarat’s ‘no repeat’ theory has a national message?
Find answers to the latest in Gujarat politics in the video below.