Millions of cricket lovers are excited about the high-octane World Cup clash between India and Pakistan at Motera on Saturday. The bookies from Dubai opened the prices on the day before the match, in which the early trends show Team India are the hot favourites. India has been given around 68% chance against Pakistan’s 32%. As far as the betting odds are concerned, India’s odds are 1.42 against Pakistan’s 3.00.
There is a possibility that the betting figure will cross Rs 5,000 crore in this match. Most bets are being booked from Disa and Bhabhar. Apart from this, the number of youngsters using mobile phones to book bets from smaller bookies has also increased.
Usually, when the match is on India’s home ground, the chances of winning increase. Even in this match against Pakistan, India is considered to be the hot favourites due to the pressure of winning in India and bookies have staked crores of rupees on it. Pakistan have never beaten India in a 50-over World Cup match.
Moreover, India’s recent form and their successes in the last few tournaments also strengthen their position.
Kohli and Rohit Sharma from India and Babar Azam and Rizwan from Pakistan side have been booked at high stakes.