Poetry is one of the most celebrated genres of literature, with a rich history of several thousand years.
An institute known for being a connoisseur of art in the city – L D Arts College is honoured and privileged to organise an International Multilingual Poetry Festival, “Kavya Yagya”. The festival is being organized in lieu of taking Poetry Genre to new heights. This esteemed festival is to be held from October 7 to October 13, 2021, From 5 pm to 7 pm (IST). This event will be organized by the various Departments of the college including; English, Sanskrit, Hindi and Gujarati.
To make this beautiful event even more special, the organizers have invited 47 poets who will recite or perform their poetry in 35 Indian and International languages. The esteemed guest of honours panel for the inaugural day consists of MR B.M Shah (Director of AES Ahmedabad) and Dr A.H Kalro (Academic adviser of AES Ahmedabad). Each day, Six vivid artists will be performing simultaneously.
The purpose of organizing this event is to celebrate poetry and to promote the art and culture of diverse nations, regions, languages and dialects amongst the masses. Poetry represents Art of great beauty and intensity. A poet possesses unusual sensitivity and insight. The poet provides the readers with profound insights into human nature and human experience. Hence the need to celebrate poetry, especially in this digital age.
According to the Principle of the college, the purpose behind naming this event “Kavya Yagya”, was that it involves the contribution of different poets from India and from across the globe.
The festival will be honouring various languages through poetry, the speakers who will recite/ perform their poems in different languages are as follows:
- Sanskrit – Dr Arvind Kumar Tiwary
- Hindi – Dr Neeraj Arya
- Sanskrit. And Dr Ramvinay Sing
- Gujarati – Tejas Dave, Anil Chavda And Rinku Ratghode
- Spanish – Alvaro Sanz ( Anadi Krishnadas)
- Polish – Skarbimir Rucinski English, Polish, Hindi And Sanksrit
- Telugu- Dr U. Venkata Ramana Murthy And, DR Uma Maheshwari
- Kannad – Dr Ramakrishna Pejathaya from
- Thai – Professor Sombat Mangmeesukhsiri
- Lao- Dr Boonsri Puthavong
- Odia – Shri Nishikant Padhi
- Nepali- Dr Priyamvada Kafle
- Pali – Pramaha Kaweesak Wapeekunlaset
- Arabic – Rakshan Hasan
- Maithili – CLLr Sharadh Kumar Jha And Sheela Jha
- Vietnameese- Dr Ngyuyen Thi Phoung Thuy
- Kutchchhi – Smt Falguni Hiren
- Bengali – Dr Dwinjendra laal Chattopadhyaya
- Bodo – Dr Phukan Chandra Basumatary
- Punjabi – Shri Sandhu Gagan
- Urdu – Moh. Ali Khumar Tumaily
- Persian – Prof. Balram Shukla
- Malayalam – Vipin V.G and others