While PM Modi is to rejig his council of ministers today, there is a buzz around the shape of the new council of Ministers being discussed in New Delhi.
- Four former chief ministers to be in the cabinet.
- 18 former state ministers and 39 former MLAs.
- 23 MPs who have been elected for three or more terms also to be in the cabinet.
Likely profiles of the Council of Ministers include 13 lawyers, six doctors, five engineers, seven civil servants, 46 ministers with experience in central government. 14 Ministers to be below the age of 50 while 11 women to be in the council, two amongst which to be of Cabinet rank.
While the likely caste representation in Council of Ministers to be:
- Five belonging to minority communities: 1 Muslim; 1 Sikh; 2 Buddhists; 1 Christian
- 27 belonging from the OBC category of which five are of Cabinet Rank.
- Eight ministers belonging from the ST of which three are of Cabinet Rank.
- 12 from the SC of which two are of Cabinet Rank.