A total of 11 players from various disciplines have been selected as nominees for the sporting honour of year 2021 – Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award. Tokyo Olympics gold medalist Neeraj Chopra, Lovlina Borgohain and Indian wrestler Ravi Dahiya are to be awarded the Khel Ratna.
11 athletes nominated for the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna
- Neeraj Chopra (Javelin)
- Ravi Dahiya (Wrestling)
- Sunil Chhetri (Football)
- Mithali Raj (Cricket)
- P Sreejesh (Hockey)
- Lovlina Borgohain (Boxing)
- Pramod Bhagat (Para-badminton player)
- Avani Lekhara (Para rifle shooter)
- Sumit Antil (Para javelin thrower)
- Krishna Nagar (Para-badminton)
- Manish Narwal (Para pistol shooter)
Meanwhile, 35 players will be awarded the Arjuna Award. Among them include Yogesh Kathuniya, Nishad Kumar, Praveen Kumar, Suhas Yathiraj, Singhraj Adhana, Bhavina Patel, Harvinder Singh and Sharad Kumar.
All men’s hockey India team that won the historic bronze in Tokyo 2020 has been awarded with the Arjuna Award.