A passenger on an Air India flight travelling from Nagpur to Mumbai was stung by a scorpion. The passenger received treatment and is now safe, according to Air India, which confirmed the incident that happened on April 23.
While there are instances of live birds and rats being found on board, this is a rare instance for a passenger to be stung by a scorpion.
“There was an extremely rare and unfortunate incident involving a scorpion stinging a passenger on board our flight AI 630 on April 23, 2023,” an Air India spokesperson said.
Soon after the plane landed, the woman passenger received immediate medical attention and was taken to the hospital.
“On landing the said passenger was attended by the doctor at the airport and subsequently was treated at the hospital and discharged. Our officials accompanied the passenger to the hospital and offered all support to the passenger till discharge,” an AI spokesperson said.
The engineering team at Air India thoroughly inspected the aircraft, after learning of the incident.
“Our team followed the protocol and conducted a complete inspection of the aircraft and found the scorpion after which due fumigation process was carried out. We sincerely regret the agony and inconvenience caused to the passenger,” Air India said.
Also Read: Med College Head Accused Of Issuing Fake Certificate