Life has changed. The way we live, work, educate our children or log-in for virtual meets is happening a new way. Our means of income, investment and spends have also entered the e-commerce avenues, some with e-wallets and some with online payments. Little wonder then that the top tech trends for 2022 will be a blockbuster show with an unpredictable climax… all this taking forward the previews lived through in 2020-2021.
Here’s a quick compilation of biz-tech trends that will dominate 2002:
1) Creator start-ups will surge: Many white-collar honchos quit their cushy posts to settle down in their own business/ consultancies/ as social-media influencers/ expertise-sharing firms. Not only did they rake in the moolah, they inspired a whole bunch more to follow suit.
2) Fundraising party-rounds: Benefits of large-cap funding will make possible smaller amounts from small/MSEs and/or larger players. Each will have a stake, the venture gets more funds and the bigger it gets, the more it benefits and more are benefitted.
3) Hybrid Offices are here to stay: For some, return to office will not happen but for most, return to home will not!! WFH will rule and since it does cut down cost on infra and establishment, the table-chair-bound workforce might just need a cozy corner at home to make their workplace forever.
4) Women will fit more roles: Many who abandoned their careers to raise a family, can now WFH. In fact, the proportion of women partners in venture firms saw a 15 percent increase in 2021, according to a report by PitchBook.
5) Web3 will outdate the current webbed world: It runs on crypto tokens and aims to unbundle the existing potential of internet services. This, of course, is subject to respective territorial jurisdiction.
6) Funding for cybersecurity startups will boom: With business and investments taking a new route, cybersecurity ventures will hit record high demand. To safeguards interests set loose in a grey world amidst hacks and malicious software, cybersecurity firms and legal experts will be the only win-win solution.