Known for its high teaching standards in academic and extracurricular activities – L.D. Arts College continues to celebrate poetry across borders.
The college has organised an International Multilingual Poetry Festival “Kavya Yagya” from October 7 to October 13, 2021, where 47 poets have been invited to recite or perform their pieces in 35 Indian and International languages. The festival is open for all to attend and is organised online on LD Arts College Ahmedabad YouTube page from 5 pm to 7 pm.
The event took off on October 7 and as many as 12 poets have already recited their pieces in languages ranging from Sanskrit to Spanish by October 8.
On October 10, six poets from across the globe are to recite their pieces.
Here’s a list of the speakers:
- Tejas Dave from Ahmedabad – writes in Hindi, Gujarati and English
- Dr. Skarbimir Rucinski from Poland – writes in Eglish, Hindi, Polish and Sanskrit
- Wanglembam Niranjana from Manipur – writes in English and Meitei
- Mohd: Ali Khumar Tumaily from Ladakh – writes in Purgi and Urdu
- Prof. Sanjeev Kumar Murmu – writes in Hindi and Santhali
- Phornpawt Uppachai from Thailand – writes in Khmer, Pali, Thai and Sanskrit