National Pet Day is marked to celebrate the special relationship you share with your pet. The day is celebrated on April 11 all across the world. It’s a day to acknowledge the happiness that pets bring into our lives and to promote the value of protecting animals’ welfare.
It’s true that animals show us love and compassion in an unconditional way. National Pet Day is a special occasion to dedicate a day to your pet because they become a part of the family.
A campaigner for animal rights named Colleen Paige introduced the day for the first time in 2006. National Dog Day and National Cat Day are just two of the pet-related holidays that Paige has created.
This day exists to draw attention to the condition of animals that are kept in shelters all over the world.
The day provides a chance to make a difference in pet safety. This day is observed to increase awareness of the need to protect animals from unfavourable living conditions. Once only observed in the US, it is now becoming more common in other countries. It has become an international movement.
Today is National Pet Day, which is observed by many countries and individuals around the world. Nevertheless, we must not forget the animals who do not have homes and who struggle daily to survive.
Animal helpline numbers:
- PETA India – Emergency veterinary care or legal guidance 98201 22602.
- Digamber Jain Charity Bird Hospital – Opposite Red Fort, Inside Shri Digamber Jain Lal Mandir Contact: 011-23288084, 9810016162 and 9968855520
- Earthlings Trust – +91 88004 69269
- People for Animals (PFA) Delhi – 011-23355883, 011-23357088
- Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre (SGACC) – 011-25447751 / 25448062
Also Read: Covid Bulletin: India Reports 5,676 Fresh Cases; 21 Deaths In 24 Hrs