Six people have been killed in a mass shooting at a residence in central California, including a 17-year-old woman and her six-month-old child. On Monday at around 03:30 (11:30 GMT), the Goshen residence was visited by police, who discovered two bodies outside and others inside.
The sheriff called it a “horrific massacre” and said police were seeking the culprits. Police suspect that the family was purposefully targeted because they were gang members.
According to Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux, the identical property was the subject of a drug raid just last week. He informed the media that when the cops arrived, one victim was still alive. After being transferred to the hospital, they died.
The sheriff stated that investigators are looking for at least two individuals. Boudreaux said, “I do have more information but I’m not at liberty to discuss [it] at this point. The reason for them surviving this horrific massacre – for lack of a better term – we just don’t have all that information this morning.”
He said that several residents of the small town, located just over three and a half hours north of Los Angeles, had survived the shooting.