Dubai, UAE: On the sidelines of the COP28 Summit in Dubai, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met with Israeli President Isaac Herzog on Friday and emphasized India’s support for “an early and durable resolution” of the Israel-Palestine issue through dialogue and diplomacy. This was the first in-person meeting between the leaders since the outbreak of the recent Israel-Hamas conflict.
Key Discussion Points:
- Modi expressed condolences for the loss of life in the October 7 terror attacks and welcomed the release of hostages.
- He reiterated the need for continued humanitarian aid to the affected population.
- India’s long-standing support for a two-state solution was reaffirmed.
- Herzog congratulated Modi on India’s successful G20 presidency and the launch of the India-Middle East-Europe Economic Corridor (IMEC).
- Discussions were held on strengthening cooperation in various fields.
India Struck a Great Balance Between Ecology and Economy: PM Modi at COP28. Read More