The Department of Information Technology and Communication is hosting a three-day celebration of the state’s youth and technological prowess to commemorate Rajasthan IT Day.
The state’s Department of Information Technology and Communication is celebrating Rajasthan IT Day with a series of events over three days from March 19-21, 2023 at Commerce College, Rajasthan College, and Jawahar Kala Kendra, JLN Marg, Jaipur, as the government doubles down on its push to digitise governance and civic services by empowering its youth with technology and entrepreneurship.
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot is also expected to address the gathering at the conference on March 21.
The event brings together from across the country youth, startups, investors, enterprises, academia, industry bodies and experts, celebrities, and other startup ecosystem enablers on one platform to network and form partnerships that benefit the people of Rajasthan.
The three-day celebration to better engage students, founders, and aspiring entrepreneurs. These include:
1. The first day of the celebrations begins with a carnival and runs to raise awareness about Rajasthan’s expanding IT sector. The run starts at Jawahar Kala Kendra (JKK) and ends at Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, University Commerce College. March 19, 2023, 6:00 p.m. and registration begins at 4:00 PM
2. IT Day conferences include knowledge sessions with business leaders, founders, and other pioneering individuals from various industries. These sessions will include power talks, panel discussions, fireside chats, and more with speakers like Prateek Maheshwari, Co-founder, Physics Wallah; Ashneer Grover, Co-founder, BharatPe; Anubhav Dubey, Founder, Chai Sutta Bar; and Amit Sharma, YouTuber and Content Creator. March 20-21, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
3. Two hackathons powered by PW skills are being organised, one offline and one online, to allow coders, developers, and designers to showcase their coding and problem-solving abilities.
(Offline) 10:00 PM, March 19 – 10:00 AM, March 21 (Online) 11:00 AM March 19 – 11:00 AM, March 20
4. iStart Career Hackathon: On March 20, A platform for students, professionals, and industry experts to participate in career guidance and mentorship sessions, as well as to raise student awareness about appropriate career options.
5. With over 400 companies participating from industries such as information technology, consulting, automobiles, call centres, finance, manufacturing, and more, the Job Fair will assist fresh graduates and job-seekers in finding career paths of their choice, with potentially thousands of jobs available.
March 20-21, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Registration 7.00 AM to 6.00 PM)
6. On March 20-21, As part of the IT Day celebrations, pavilions will be set up where startups, MSMEs, and businesses can showcase their solutions and products at the Startup expo and marketplace. Over 100 iStart-recognized startups, startups from various universities, and Atal Tinkering Labs are expected to exhibit their solutions, while more than 50 startups and businesses will sell their products in the marketplace.
7. Investor pitching sessions will be held in collaboration with partner angel investors and venture capital firms such as LetsVenture (funding up to Rs 6.5 crore), RealTime Angel Fund (funding to top 25 startups up to Rs 2 crore), and Dream Sports’ Challenge for Change programme for sports technology innovation.
8. The iStart Youth Film Festival will feature international feature films by established, award-winning directors, as well as short films by emerging Indian filmmakers in genres such as drama, documentary features, short films, and episodic content. Filmmaker conversations and panel discussions with directors such as Kabir Khan will also be held.
Also Read: Putin May Attend G20 Meet In Delhi In Sept