According to the modus operandi of bogus billing cases, financial incentives are given to the poor and needy by setting up firms in their name and getting them registered, these firms are then operated by bogus billing operators and they cause huge financial loss to the government.
The State GST Department investigated nine firms at Bhavnagar from July 12 and four were arrested under the investigation. The department arrested Rohitbhai Dabhi for issuing bills of Rs 64.64 crore and illegal tax credit of Rs 11.63 crore.
Other seven arrests were also made by the department. The list includes:
- Afzal Savjani with illegal input tax credit Rs135 crore
- Mina Rathod with illegal ITC Rs109 crore
- Zahid Kabaria with illegal ITC Rs6.68 crore
- Rohitgiri Goswami with illegal ITC Rs7.32 crore
- Vikram Baraiya with illegal ITC Rs5.29 crore
- Ejaz Shaikh with illegal ITC Rs10.35 crore
- Rohit Dabhi with illegal ITC Rs.11.63 crore